#ExpatPatricia Stories: Moving to Singapore

14:13


Was the title too tacky? Oopsie.

I've been to Singapore twice in 2015, but both were vacation with my family. Singapore is amazing and as a tourist from Manila, it really looked like a better place to live in. So this time, it was different. I had no concrete plans, but working overseas has always been in the picture.



A few months later, I found an interesting opportunity and was offered a job--and I took it.
It wasn't easy-peasy. I don't know if everybody really had to go all through that (countless exams and interviews), so when I finally got in, it was very hard to say no.
I didn't tell a lot people. It's a very personal journey and I wanted to do this with the least outside judgement. I wanted to see if I really wanted to be a Java Developer. If that's my true calling. (That sounds lame but it's true)

My thoughts were:
If was going to suck it up and stay a programmer anyway, might as well do it in Singapore.

In my next posts, I might be sharing tips for other Expats like me! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments