Uke Box Caffe in Libis - Ukelele Jamming, Ramen, and Matcha Latte (Hippy times!)

00:45



I heard our friend, Den, was performing in a cafe in Libis, so, Fifi and I decided to tag along. A Ukelele-themed cafe sounded really cool!

It's a Friday Sweldo Night and you can only imagine how tough it was to get from Makati to Libis. But since we really wanted to see our friend do her thang, we gave into the x2.2 Uber surge and just hoped for the best.
We arrived after about an hour which I think is not so bad.
(If you're curious, our Uber trip cost us P479.)

It's an open mic night so everyone was welcome to play and sing along. Den and her friend who sang with her were really good and so were the other 2 seemingly regular performers that were there when we came. I haven't seen her played in a long time and I loved it so much! I'm starting to want to learn playing, too.

(Credits to Uke Box Caffe on Facebook for all the photos)



Posted by UKE BOX CAFFÉ on Wednesday, 6 May 2015

#UkebebeSharapSharap 

The place is small, but enough for a few barkadas and families. There are Ukelele's hanged on one side of the wall (which are for sale, I think, so lucky you if you fancy any).



They have really cozy nooks with bean bags and coffee tables and I think it's really nice and comfy and beautiful! But because I'm a total genius, I didn't bring my cam and haven't gotten a picture. I wish I can find a restaurant just like it in Ayala or BGC!
We got there practically starving and wanted to get everything off of their menu. Their menu was, rather interesting though, to have Ramen.





We were also very lucky to hear this talented young lady who even played an original piece. Lovely!
It's such a very inspiring sight to see people sharing their beautiful talent, doing what they love doing.

Uke Box Caffe is a fresh new restaurant that I would argue every music lover will love. Aside from coffee, sandwiches, and ramen, and other delicious blended drinks, they offer free jamming sessions every weekend nights, Ukelele Workshops (on a schedule) and lastly, customised Ukeleles!

The place was very difficult to find on Maps so if you need to find them, go visit them on Facebook to get directions.
It's just across Eastwood Pulis Station to the left. Don't trust me 'cause I'm directionally challenged. You're better off looking at the map on their FB page! :P

Uke Box Caffe
187 Village Center, E. Rodriguez Ave.
Bagumbayan, Quezon City


You Might Also Like

0 comments