Loudbasstard: Bamboo Amplifier

02:33

My sister came home with a present for me from an event a few days back (some advertising thing I really don't know about so I'll stop talking)..
I took out of the box a supercool bamboo speaker from Loudbasstard.
Witty name. I like it. Except that the word bass in context here is actually read as /beɪs/ so you'd probably read it in your head as "base-tard". Kinda weird, huh.
(reference: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/british/bass_1)

 

The packaging is made from what looks like 100% recycled material, We kind-of expected this one from a bamboo-made amplifier.



[caption id="attachment_253" align="aligncenter" width="260"]Outside the box. Outside the box.[/caption]

Not that it needs a manual or anything, but some people might want to know where the phone goes in this thing. (LOL)

This comes in 8 variants

[caption id="attachment_252" align="aligncenter" width="936"]8 colors/variants of the Loudbasstard Amplifiers 8 colors/variants of the Loudbasstard Amplifiers[/caption]

Mine is in "Whitewashed" (That one on the lower leftmost).

I love how premium and sturdy this feels. And just by owning this, I feel like I am already saving the world. One speaker at a time!

[caption id="attachment_255" align="aligncenter" width="300"]DSC_0069 In the flesh[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_254" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Whitewashed Passive Amplifier Whitewashed Passive Amplifier[/caption]

This Loudbasstard product, or maybe the entire business, is more than just selling these products but actually promoting awareness and conservation of our resources--which is cool because we really need more of this now more than ever.

If you are willing to get one for yourself, you can get them online from their website:
www.loudbastard.com

Price: P 1,190

I personally think that this is quite expensive for a piece of wood, but I think the quality and the fact that is is hand-made makes up most of the price.
It just sucks to know, though, that being eco-friendly costs this much.

You Might Also Like

0 comments