Home DIY: Cozy Curtain Night Light (SÄRDAL)

01:50



You know what they say, there's no mess that a little ambient lighting can't fix. It's no secret how a top down white fluorescent light can make little dirts and bits too in-your-face. For someone like me who doesn't like to clean as much, I really needed to take the extra mile somewhere else to make the room more presentable (or at least buy me some time).
I loved my little lamp, but since I was hoping to get a new dimmer one anyways, I wanted to search around for alternatives. I figured that the chain lights (a.k.a Christmas Lights) concept you'd usually find in Pinterest sounds like an interesting idea so I picked up a set of chain lights, and carpe-ed the hell out of the diem.

Materials:
1 x IKEA SÄRDAL chain lights (24 bulbs)
1 x pack of Command(TM) Decorating Clips


Since I am just renting this room, I always make sure that I use adhesives that will not damage the walls. 
I am obsessed with these Command(TM) hooks and adhesives. It's a strong temporary adhesive but very easy to remove. You can get it in a lot of different types and style depends on what you need it for.
For this project, I used the Decorating Clips designed for I guess, Christmas lights. This is as far as I've seen the tiniest kind they have.


 Since the clips are clear, it also comes with clear strips (which is relatively new, I remember having clear clips with white adhesives. Glad they figured out how it did not make sense before.)


I put 1 clip each corner and 2 in the middle part equally apart. You don't really have to measure. I just followed my gut placing one on each side. Then, I just let the ends of the chain down freely.

Aaand here's how the chain light looks in action. Sweeeet!

The IKEA SÄRDAL chain lights are sold at S$19.90 (IKEA) and the Command(TM) decorating clips about S$5 a pack. You can find them in in Cold Storage, Stationery Superstore and Fairprice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments